27. Nov 2012
Green exports accounted for DKK 80 bn.,which is 10.4% of total Danish exports, and 8.5% of employees in Danish enterprises are involved in green production in 2010
New green business statistics have been established covering the production of green technologies, goods and services by Danish enterprises. The purpose is to be able to monitor, on a statistical basis, the future development of green business in Denmark and its significance for the Danish economy. These statistics can serve as a common point of reference when discussing green growth in Denmark.
Key conclusions in the report:
- In 2010, green production in Denmark provided a turnover of more than DKK 250 billion. This is 9.2% of total turnover of Danish enterprises with at least one full-time employee.
- Green exports accounted for DKK 80 billion, which is 10.4% of total Danish exports. The green share of total exports increased by about 1 percentage point from 2005 to 2010.
- Green exports to emerging markets (BRIC and NEXT11) increased substantially more than total exports of goods to these markets.
- Almost 106,000 people were employed in green production in 2010. This means that 8.5% of employees in Danish enterprises are involved in green production.
- An estimated around 22,000 enterprises in Denmark produce and sell one or several green products (i.e. environmental technologies, goods and services). This means that around one in five Danish enterprises with at least one full-time employee have green production. The green products on average account for 40% of turnover in the enterprises that sell green products.
- The figures reveal that a broad cross-section of Danish enterprises, across all industries, produce solutions that are contributing to the transition to a green economy.
- In the energy area, renewable energy technologies make up the largest green business area, with a turnover of DKK 104 billion in 2010. In the environment area, waste management is the largest green business area with a turnover of DKK 55 billion in 2010.
The report 'Green production in Denmark - and its significance for the Danish economy' was prepared in November 2012 by the Danish Energy Agency/the Ministry of Climate, Energy and Building; the Danish Business Authority/the Ministry of Business and Growth; and the Danish EPA/the Ministry of the Environment. Statistics Denmark monitored the work. The statistics were prepared by DAMVAD.3
Read the full story here
Source: Ministry for Climate, Energy and Buildings
For more news, go to our Newsroom